EMA Riichi Referee Seminar
Rosmalen, The Netherlands, 20th June 2019
There are two main purposes:
– To certify EMA referees
– In the longer term to create a common European standard for refereeing at official EMA certified competitions
The content is split into 3 major parts:
– Rules and regulations, clarification and motivation of the rules and regulations used by EMA
– Behaviour, how to act as referee in a different situations, and how to interact with the players
– Certification, an individual written test to examine if the participant has grasped the key points, a certain score is needed for the certification to be granted
The content is focused on RCR, but some is also relevant for MCR.
The participants are expected to show interest for:
– Understanding and exercising the rules and fair play
– Being a referee and help players with clarifications and guidance
– Making sure EMA certified tournaments are refereed in a proper and orderly manner
The participants are expected to read the rules carefully within the last couple of weeks before the seminar:
– Riichi – Rules for Japanese Mahjong, version from 2016
The rules exist in several languages and can be found the EMA homepage
The seminar will be held 10-17 o’clock 20th of June 2019 at “de Kentering”, Dorpsstraat 54, 5241 ED Rosmalen.
The seminar and test will be in English.
The registration is €40,00 and materials, lunch and drinks are included.
Please register with Ans Hoogland at the address firstname.lastname@example.org
The material for the referee seminar will be presented by:
– Ans Hoogland
– Morten Andersen
– Henrik Leth
The material will be distributed latest at the seminar. For questions about the purpose and content of the seminar, please contact Henrik Leth (email@example.com).